About Sophia Akash Foundation
The Sophia Akash Foundation CIO (SAF) is a charity registered in England and Wales (charity number: 1169967). SAF’s registered office is c/o Michelmores, 12th Floor 6, New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BF, United Kingdom.
You can contact us here:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 7408 808 903
About this document
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This policy is effective from 19th December 2018. We may amend and reissue this policy at any time without prior notice to you being required.
Personal information means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified by it. This includes a person’s contact details, images of them and their IP address.In other words, personal information is anything which can be used to identify you, either by itself or when combined with other information.
Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organising, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.In other words, processing refers to all stages of collecting, storing and using your personal information.
Information we may collect
We process any personal information you actively provide to us. Website usage information is collected using cookies (please refer to our Cookies Policy for more information).
We may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- When you make a phone call or send an e-mail to seek information about the foundation;
- During recruitment and employment;
- When you have donated to us;
- Through your request for information about the SAF and related topics; and
- When you sign up to our newsletter.
We may collect and process the following personal information:
- Your Name;
- Your Email addresses;
- Your contact preferences;
- Information about how people support us;
- Correspondence and details from interactions with our staff and trustees;
- Information on how people use our website, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve our website and our services; and
- Any other personal information provided to us.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any third parties.
Why we collect your information and what we do with it
We collect information purely for the purpose of helping our work towards our charitable mission and objectives.
We will only process personal information when at least one of the following conditions applies (as defined by the GDPR):
- You have given your express permission for us to do so;
- It is necessary in order to deliver contracted goods and services;
- We have a legal obligation; and
- There is a legitimate interest (when it is not obviously annoying or intrusive and would reasonably be expected).
Generally, we only use email for our communications, but we may also contact you by telephone, in line with how you have agreed to be contacted. You can change how you hear from us any time. Please email [email protected].
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in the following ways:
For example, when you make a donation or complete a form.
For example, when you make a donation through a third-party website (such as Global Giving or Give as you Live ) and give your permission for your information to be shared with us. We won’t have access to your information if you do not give consent.
To help tailor our communications, we may use information from publicly available sources such as Companies House or information published in the media.
Sharing your information
We will always keep your details safe and will not sell or swap your information with any other organisation.
We may share your information with trusted partners, agents or service providers to help us with our work or to help us better understand our supporters. These partners will only use your information under our instruction and will not use it for their own purposes.
We may share your data with the following organisations:
- Mailchimp: Mailchimp is an email marketing and communication platform for small businesses. SAF used the platform to send email communications to SAF contacts including newsletters, our Annual Review, or information about the organisation and our fundraising campaigns. Contacts are able to unsubscribe from the list at any time.
- Paypal: We may share personal information in order to process donations.
Access to your personal information is restricted to those who require it to do our work and all staff with access to your personal data are trained in how to keep it safe.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is lawful and necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of the SAF and our stakeholders, and for other lawful purposes.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites, even if you access them using links from our websites, we recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
How long we keep your information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is lawful and necessary to do so. This is so that we can provide the services, products or information you have requested, administer your relationship with us, to ensure we don’t communicate with you if you’ve asked us not to, and to comply with the law.
We employ safeguards to protect your privacy and you are in control of your data and how we communicate with you. You may request access to the data we hold on you by contacting us at this address: [email protected]
Under data protection law, you have the following rights regarding our processing your personal information:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing;
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent);
- You have the right to obtain a copy of any personal information you have provided to organisations in a machine-readable format, so you can easily transfer it to other organisations providing similar services. Any copies of personal information the SAF provides upon such a request will be provided in plain text format.
For more information on your full rights, please visit see the Information Commissioner’s Office website, currently at this address: https://ico.org.uk/
The above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where certain exceptions apply. For more information, or to change the way we contact you or to exercise your rights, please email [email protected]